I don’t think I ever envisioned myself as someone who would start a blog, yet I never envisioned myself as someone who would have cancer at 24. So anything is possible! My goal of this blog is not to just focus on my diagnosis, but to have a place to share what I have learned and will continue to experience in all aspects of my life as I continue treatment over the next year.
A bit more about me:
- I’m 24 soon to be 25 girl who was born and raised in the suburbs of St. Paul.
- I went to the University of Minnesota and graduated with a Psych degree.
- I work in Human Resources and until this year also taught dance part-time.
- I love spending time with my family (Mom, Stepdad, Dad, Stepmom, Sister & Brother), being on the lake, going to concerts, and making memories with friends.
- I live with my boyfriend and we have been together close to a year and a half.
- I’m a very empathic, sensitive, honest, and spiritual person. ENFJ if you are into the Myers Briggs 🙂
- I’m an open book: I’m a kid of divorce. I’ve struggled with anxiety. Some of my closest loved ones have had to live with mental health issues. I’ve had my heart broken. I’ve been in therapy (and never will be ashamed to be) at multiple times in my life.
- I’ve been diagnosed with the deadliest form of cancer, Melanoma, and have been cancer-free since May 1, 2019.
- I’ve also been diagnosed as Hypothyroid as a result of my immunotherapy treatment for Melanoma (very new news).